- Diagnose, overhaul, repair, tune, maintain and test diesel transport prime movers, earthmoving equipment and service trailers as required
- Detect mechanical and electrical faults by using instruments that check charging and starting circuitry, batteries, ignition and ignition timing, fuel injection systems and speed control, cylinder compression, engine condition, braking efficiency, and wheel balance and alignment
- Repair and maintain the hydraulic components of diesel engines
- Use oxy, electric, TIG and MIG welding, hand fitting or machining processes to replace or repair faulty parts
- Other duties as requested
- Drivers license preferred
- Willing to obtain a truck license
- Prepared to travel
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and manage time
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Mechanical aptitude and good at mathematics
- Physically fit
- Free from allergies to grease, oil or petrol
The Apprentice would be working 38 hours per week with overtime hours available.
Wages are as per the Vehicle Manufacturing, Repair Services & Retail Award 2020. Applicants who are considered suitable will be required to attend an interview.
If you have any further queries on this position, please ask for Damon Tually on 0438 107 442.