Diesel Mechanic (School Based)
- Diagnose, overhaul, repair, tune, maintain and test diesel engines in all Truck models.
- Detect mechanical and electrical faults by using instruments that check charging and starting circuitry, batteries, ignition and ignition timing, fuel injection systems and speed control, cylinder compression, engine condition, braking efficiency, and wheel balance and alignment
- Repair and maintain the hydraulic components of diesel engines
- Use oxy, electric, TIG and MIG welding, hand fitting or machining processes to replace or repair faulty parts
- Other duties as requested
- Drivers licence preferred
- Willing to obtain a truck licence
- Prepared to travel
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and manage time
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Mechanical aptitude and good at mathematics
- Physically fit
- Free from allergies to grease, oil or petrol
The Apprentice would be working a minimum of 1day per week whilst attending their secondary school. Wages are as per the Vehicle Manufacturing, Repair Services & Retail Award 2010. Applicants who are considered suitable will be required to attend an interview.
Have further questions?
If you have any further queries on this position, please call Shannon Moiler on 0428 552926 or our office number on 5022 1833.
Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
Friday January 28th, 2022